There was significant fire activity today, resulting in several Evacuation Alerts and Orders for the Peace Region. The following is a summary of the current status for the various wildfires affecting communities. Residents are encouraged to check their address using the
Changes Posted Today (May 13, 2023 as of 11:15 p.m.)
Stoddart Creek Wildfire
- Stoddart Creek Evacuation Order #1 is in effect for properties in the area North of 256 Rd, south of Blueberry River (272 Rd), east of Hwy 97 and Beatton Airport Rd, west of Prespatou Rd.. For more details, including a list of the civic addresses included in this Order, visit https://prrd.bc.ca/stoddart-creek-evacuation-order-1/
There was also a Tactical Evacuation of residents in the Shepherd’s Inn area, with emergency personnel going door-to-door due to the safety risk from the fire, and this area also falls under the Stoddart Creek Evacuation.
- Stoddart Creek Evacuation Alert #1 is in effect for the following areas:
- East of Highway 97N,
- North of North Pine Road,
- West of the Beatton River,
- South of Buick Creek Road,
- South of Mile 73 Road,
- South-East of Aitken Creek Road.
For details visit https://prrd.bc.ca/stoddart-creek-evacuation-alert-1/
Boundary Lake Wildfire
- Boundary Lake Evacuation Order Rescinded. The five properties that were under the Evacuation Order are now under and Evacuation Alert. For details visit https://prrd.bc.ca/boundary-lake-evacuation-order-rescinded/
- Boundary Lake Evacuation Alert #5 remains in place and now includes all of the properties that were under Evacuation Alert #4 as well as the five properties that were downgraded to an alert when the Evacuation Order was rescinded.
For details visit https://prrd.bc.ca/boundary-lake-evacuation-alert-5/
Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Wildfire
This is a remote area which is sparsely populated and used primarily by forestry and the oil and gas industry.
- Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Order #1 is in effect for the following areas:
- 89 km and north on the Tommy Lakes Road,
- Extending to the confluence of the Sikanni Chief River and the Buckinghorse River in the southeast,
- To the border with the Norther Rockies Regional Municipality in the north
- To the Gutah and West Gutah Creek in the east.
For details visit https://prrd.bc.ca/donnie-creek-tommy-lakes-evacuation-order/
- Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Alert #1 is in for the following areas:
- km 77 and north to km 89 on Tommy Lakes Road,
- extending east to Wendy Lake,
- to the border with the Norther Rockies Regional Municipality in the North.
For details visit https://prrd.bc.ca/donnie-creek-tommy-lakes-evacuation-alert/
Areas Without Changes (as of May 13, 2023 as of 11:15 p.m.)
Red Creek Wildfire
- Red Creek Evacuation Order #1 remains in place with no changes. The affected areas and civic addresses are listed at https://prrd.bc.ca/red-creek-evacuation-order-1/
- Red Creek Evacuation Alert #2 remains in place with no changes. The affected areas are listed at https://prrd.bc.ca/red-creek-evacuation-alert-2/.
Important Notice: Some Red Creek Area residents under an Evacuation Alert may be affected by the Stoddart Creek Evacuation Order
Residents in Red Creek Area East of Hwy 97 North who are under the Red Creek Wildfire Evacuation Alert #2 may also be in the Stoddart Creek Wildfire Evacuation Order. It’s important to check the civic address list and the map posted under Emergency News, and if they are in the Evacuation Order area, they must leave the area immediately
Residents are encouraged to check their address using the webmap at https://webmap.prrd.bc.ca/map/?viewer=Public&layerTheme=&scale=1155581.108577&basemap=¢er=-13337110.324756622%2C7670005.787414556&layers=