September 15, 2023, 21:15 hrs
Based on recommendations from BC Wildfire, the Peace River Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert area for the Stoddart Creek wildfire. This Alert is being issued because of potential danger to life and health.
The Evacuation Alert is in effect for the following area:
- The area from the intersection of the Blueberry River and Prespatou Road, known as the Apsasson Bridge,
- East, following the Blueberry River to a point north of Bergen Road,
- South following Bergen Road and Rose Prairie Road to the intersection of 266 Road, and
- Due west to the point of intersection with Prespatou Road, and north following Prespatou Road to Apsasson Bridge.
This Evacuation Alert does not apply to First Nations communities or municipalities as they issue their own Alerts and Orders.
Map of Evacuation Alert Area
To search for your address to see if your property is under an Evacuation Order or an Evacuation Alert, you can go to the Online Map Tool. Then enter your address in the search bar at the top.
This is the time to GET PREPARED to leave your home on short notice.
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an evacuation; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Sign up for North East BC Emergency notifications at NEBCAlerts.com to receive alerts about Evacuation Orders and Alerts.
- Pack essential items for a quick departure, such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, passports, birth certificates, banking and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents, cell phone and charger and, if time and space permits, personal keepsakes.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if they need assistance.
- Prepare to take pets with you including pet care items (leash, carrier, food) and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household, and fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- If you will need assistance to evacuate from the area, such as for transportation, mobility, health, or other needs, please call 1-800-670-7773.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued BEFORE evacuating.
- Monitor prrd.bc.ca and for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres and hours of operation.
An Evacuation Alert checklist is available under Emergency News at https://prrd.bc.ca/evacuation-alert-checklist.
Additional information about Evacuation Alerts and Orders will be posted at prrd.bc.ca.
Emergency Information Email: email@example.com
BC Wildfire is responsible for the wildfire firefighting response. For updates and additional information visit bcwildfire.ca.