The wind overnight has caused major drifting in the South Peace area. Please use extra caution when traveling.
- Hwy 97N is currently closed, but should be reopened soon – UPDATE: (from Drive BC) Hwy 97N is now open.
- Visibility will be poor with blowing snow in all areas
- Some of the secondary road network may be drifted in
- Some Highways may have drifts into the traveled lanes
- Pine Pass is currently getting rain and it is forecasted to get up to 20 cm of snow
- Check Drive BC for current road conditions
Caribou Road Services has been out all night opening up roads and pushing back drifts and we continue to work to get everything open. Please watch for the yellow flashing lights of the maintenance trucks, graders and loaders as visibility will be poor, with blowing snow while they are working. Follow at a safe distance and give them space to work.
Please make sure your vehicle is equipped with proper winter equipment including; Tires, windshield wipers and an emergency kit.
Caribou Road Services Ltd.