What should I do before I subdivide?

Before spending time and money on a subdivision application, it is highly recommended that you check with the Peace River Regional District to see if your property is affected by any of the following:

Specific applications may be required, and depending on your circumstances, you may wish to proceed with them prior to making a formal provincial subdivision application.

The School Site Acquisition fee of $1,000.00 per new residential lot applies to residential subdivisions within School District 60, Peace River North. For more information contact School District 60.

Where do I apply to subdivide?

If your property is not affected by any points mentioned above. You can apply to the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI). Please visit Rural Subdivision Approvals for more information.

What constitutes a subdivision?

Subdivision includes:

  • the division of land into two or more parcels
  • the amalgamation (consolidation) of two or more parcels into one

Need More Info?

Download the Guide to Subdivision Procedures Brochure