Blackfoot Regional Park is now open for camping, on a first come first “pick” basis. Any questions while camping, please check with our caretaker on site!
Montney Centennial Regional Park, Sundance Park, Spencer Tuck Regional Park, and Iver Johnson Community Park are open for day-use activities only (overnight camping is prohibited).
Minaker River Regional Park is open for overnight use. Please use caution when accessing this park.
Visitors are asked to keep physical distance by staying at least 2 metres (6 feet) away from others as well as regularly washing or sanitizing hands. Facilities are not maintained daily, so it is recommended that Park Users bring a ‘Clean Trip Kit’. Your ‘Clean Trip Kit’ should include hand sanitizer, protective gloves, toilet paper, and any other items to keep you safe and sanitized.
For more information on Peace River Regional District parks, please contact us at 250-784-3200
|The Peace River Regional District operates five regional parks that are free for public use. Our parks are generally open from mid-May to mid-September and include two day-use parks and three overnight parks.|
Working cooperatively with our rural communities and member municipalities, the PRRD owns or financially supports a number of recreation facilities and community halls and grounds including:
- North Peace Leisure Pool
- owned by the PRRD, operated by the City of Fort St John, direction provided by the North Peace Leisure Pool Commission, funded by a local taxation area (municipal and rural)
- Chetwynd Recreation Centre
- owned by the PRRD, operated by the District of Chetwynd, direction provided by the Chetwynd Civic Properties Commission, funded by a local taxation area (municipal and rural)
- Buick Arena
- owned by School District No. 60, operated by the Buick Creek Community Club, operational support provided by the PRRD, funded by a local taxation area
- Clearview Arena
- owned by School District No. 60, operated by the Clearview Arena Society, operational support provided by the PRRD, funded by a local taxation area
- South Peace Multiplex
- owned by the City of Dawson Creek, capital construction costs funded by a local taxation area (municipal and rural)
Community Halls & Grounds
Electoral Area B:
- Buick Rodeo Grounds
- Cache Creek Community Hall
- Golata Creek Club & Recreation Grounds
- Halfway-Graham Recreation Grounds
- Halfway-Graham Gymkhana Grounds
- Goodlow Recreation Grounds
- North Peace Fall Fairgrounds
- Osborn Community Hall
Electoral Area D:
- Kelly Lake Community Centre
Electoral Area E:
- Jackfish Community Hall
- Moberly Lake Community Hall