Fire Prevention Week LOOK, LISTEN and LEARN- Fire can happen anywhere.
The Peace River Regional District is urging everyone in the region to LOOK, LISTEN and LEARN about fire safety during Fire Prevention Week-October 7-13, 2018.
Send in your “LOOK. LISTEN. LEARN. Be aware. Fire can happen anywhere.” Video to be entered into a prize draw. The videos will be showcased on the PRRD official Facebook page during fire prevention week October 7-13.
- Create a 1-2 minute video that contains: LOOK. LISTEN. LEARN. Be aware. Fire can happen anywhere message.
- The contest is open to anyone residing in the Peace River Regional District.
- Once the video is submitted it belongs to the Peace River Regional District.
- All videos will be posted on the PRRD Facebook page and PRRD YouTube page.
- All entries will be entered in a prize draw to win one of the four PRRD Gift Bags.
- Send your videos to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 5th.
Wildfire Hazard in the Peace
Residents of the Peace Region are reminded that at many times of the year the Peace is at a higher than normal risk of wildfire. Please be aware of the fire danger rating and open fire bans and restrictions for our area (the Prince George Fire Centre) before lighting a fire. Burn registration numbers can be requested from the Wildfire Management Branch (Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations) at 888-797-1717.
Please note that the Wildfire Act applies on both public (Crown) and private land. Therefore, if fire bans are in effect for our area, they will apply to all private and Crown land in the Electoral (rural) Areas of the Peace River Regional District.
For up-to-date wildfire information please contact the BC Wildfire Management Branch at 888-3FOREST.
Report fire sightings or the smell of smoke to 800-663-5555 or *5555 on cellular networks.
Are you FireSmart?
The time to reduce the threat of wildfire is now, not when a fire is at your doorstep. Be proactive, be practical, and be FireSmart!
To find out more about how you can FireSmart your own property check the following: