Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
The purposes of British Columbia’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act are to make public bodies more accountable to the public and to protect personal privacy by
- giving the public a right of access to records,
- giving individuals a right of access to, and a right to request correction of, personal information about themselves,
- specifying limited exceptions to the rights of access,
- preventing the unauthorized collection, use or disclosure of personal information by public bodies, and
- providing for an independent review of decisions made under the Act.
Request for Access to Records Form