The Administration department is responsible for providing administrative support to all departments and elected officials, including:
- Preparing and maintaining legal documents, agendas, minutes, follow-ups, reports, correspondence and other documents for:
- 23 Regional Board Meetings annually
- 11 Standing Committees
- 28 Operational Committees
- Running all elections and other voting (referenda) – Go to Elections page;
- Maintaining insurance and provide risk management guidelines to directors and staff; and
- Ensuring that all necessary Board action is completed by the appropriate department.
Other responsibilities include:
- Inter-government service agreements such as fire protection, mutual aid, sewer services, public use land acquisition;
- Conduit between public, other governments, government agencies, industry and the Board.