The Administration Department provides administrative support to all departments and elected officials, including:
- Preparing and maintaining legal documents, agendas, minutes, reports, correspondence and other documents for:
- 23 Regional Board meetings annually
- 11 Standing Committees
- 28 Operational Committees
- Running elections and other voting (referenda) – see Elections;
- Maintaining insurance and providing risk management guidelines to directors and staff; and
- Ensuring that all necessary Board actions are completed by the appropriate department.
Other responsibilities include:
- Inter-government service agreements such as fire protection, mutual aid, sewer services, and public use land acquisition;
- Acting as a conduit between public, other governments, government agencies, industry and the PRRD Board of Directors.