Residential Flooding Insurance Information

“B.C.’s Disaster Financial Assistance Program (DFA) helps those impacted by a disaster cope with the cost of repairs and recovery from uninsurable disaster-related property damage. To be eligible for assistance, the damage must result from an event for which insurance is not readily available.”

This means that if flooding insurance is available to you, you may not be eligible for assistance from DFA, in the case of a flooding disaster. Many insurance companies are now offering coverage for Overland Flooding (when water from rivers, dams and other watercourses enters your home and causes damage). Talk to you agent about your policy today!

For more information on DFA click on one of these links: