May 15, 2023
The Peace River Regional District has issued an expanded Evacuation Order that covers both the Red Creek and Stoddart Creek wildfires due to immediate danger to life safety.
The combined Red Creek/Stoddart Creek/Red Creek Evacuation Order #2 is in effect for properties in the following areas:
- All properties between Cache Creek and the Beatton River North of Highway 29, 246 Road and Cecil Lake Road.
- From Cache Creek, the Evacuation Order area extends to the Mile 98 Road and the Beatton Airport Road in the East
- From the Beatton River, the area extends West to include Doig and Osborn
- All properties North of Buick and Rose Prairie need to evacuate as access roads to these communities may be affected by the Wildfire
The following communities are included in this Evacuation Order:
- Charlie Lake (Properties north of Highway 29 and 246 Road),
- Rose Prairie,
- North Pine,
- Coffee Creek.
- Buick Creek,
- Nig Creek
If you are having difficult determining whether your property is in the Evacuation Order area, please call the PRRD’s Emergency Information Line at 250-219-5210
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY!
If you need assistance to evacuate from the area, such as for transportation, mobility, health, or other needs, please advise the person providing this notice or call 1-800-670-7773.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- There is a critical risk to life safety, and residents under an Evacuation Order are being advised to leave the area immediately. Visit DriveBC to check for road conditions.
- Emergency Support Services are available for residents under an Evacuation Order.
- If you are planning to stay with family/friends other accommodation, you must be outside of the Evacuation Order and Alert area to qualify for ESS support.
- If you do not have a place to stay, please go to the Reception Centre at Mercer Hall, Ovintiv Events Centre (formerly Encana Events Centre) #1, 300 Hwy 2, Dawson Creek (Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/QhEjhLxaR64Jj4A79 or call 250-784-4681.
- If you have a motorhome/RV, please go to the Reception Centre and they will let you know where you can set up.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock them.
- Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbour or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles than needed.
- Take critical items (identification, credit cards, medicine, cell, phone and charger, and keys) only if they are immediately available.
- Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
Please visit prrd.bc.ca for updates on Evacuation Orders and Alerts, and visit bcwildfire.ca for updates on the wildfire status and firefighting response.