The Peace River Regional District has expanded the area under an Evacuation ALERT for the Red Creek wildfire (G80223). BC Wildfire has recommended this evacuation alert as a result of the Red Creek wildfire and fire behaviour. Please note: this Alert is in addition to the Evacuation Order and Alert already in place for other properties in the Red Creek Area.
Red Creek Evacuation Alert 2 applies to the following new areas:
- Extending North to the intersection of Highway 97N and the Beatton Airport Road to the intersection of Rose Prairie Road and Prespatou Road,
- Extending East to Prespatou Road, 256 Road, 281 Road, and the West shore Charlie Lake
- Extending South to Highway 29N, from the intersection of Highway 97N to Bear Flats.
The following properties remain under an Evacuation Alert:
- From the intersection of Highway 97N and Beatton Airport Road, heading north along Highway 97N to the 258 Road.
- Heading west beyond North Cache Creek,
- Heading northeast to Fox Creek
- Due west to the Prespatou Roa
- Follow the Prespatou Road south to the 256 road
- Following the 256 road west to the 281 Road
- Following the 281 road south to the 254 Road
- Following the 254 Road to Highway 97N
- As well as the area 5.5km west of Highway 97N and 4km north of Lyndon Subdivision
This is the time to GET PREPARED to leave your home on short notice.
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated
- Sign up for North East BC Emergency notifications at NEBCAlerts.com.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, passports, birth certificates, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents, cell phone and charger and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick access.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you including pet care items (leash, carrier, food) and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles. If transportation assistance is needed, call 1-800-670-7773.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued BEFORE evacuating. Monitor prrd.bc.ca and for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres and hours of operation.
- Residents impacted by Evacuation orders or alerts can contact the PRRD at 1-800-670-7773 for planning and assistance with any transportation, mobility, health, or other needs.
An Evacuation Alert checklist is available under Emergency News at https://prrd.bc.ca/evacuation-alert-checklist. Additional information about the evacuation will be posted at prrd.bc.ca or
BC Wildfire Is responsible for the wildfire response. For updates and additional information visit bcwildfire.ca.