A stewardship program means that producers and manufacturers of products are responsible (financially and environmentally) for the end of life management of those products. End of life management means the collection, recycling, and proper disposal of these products.
There are numerous Stewardship Programs operating within the Province of British Columbia and specifically the Peace River Regional District. The programs collect many different materials.
For more information click the following links to find out more about the programs and where in the PRRD you can take these items.
Where can I take my…?
- Paint, Pesticides, Flammable Liquids, Light Bulbs, etc.
- Used Oil and Anti-freeze
- Printed Paper and Packaging
- Beverage Containers (Deposit Based Containers)
- Electronic Stewardship Association of BC
- Small Electric Appliances and Electrical Power Tools
- Large Appliances
- Outdoor Power Equipment (OPE)
- Electric Toys
- Lamps and Fixtures
- Small Batteries
- Lead-Acid Batteries
For other items not specially covered off by the programs list about, check out the Recycling Council of BC.
Don’t forget to download the pRRRdy Says App in the app store to find the location closest to you!