Please Report Fence Damage From Fire

Attention farmers/ranchers affected by wildfire.

The PRRD is reaching out to the Ministry of Agriculture to push for supports for the farmers and ranchers in our region who lost fences due to fire damage. To help with this, we need to gain a better understanding of the extent of the damage and who has been affected.

If you are a farmer or rancher, and your fences were damaged by the recent wildfires, please report your damage to the PRRD by calling 250-219-5210 or via email to

Please provide the following information:

  • Name
  • Telephone #
  • Email
  • Address/location
  • Amount of fence lost (in meters)
  • Type of livestock
  • Description of loss and impact

We also recommend that farmers and ranchers take photos of the damage and keep receipts when making repairs, just in case retroactive funding becomes available. Please note that while we are lobbying for support for our local farmers and ranchers, there is no guarantee that an AgriRecovery Program will be put in place.

Share this: