Attention One Island Lake Residents:
We are setting up a process to provide you with temporary access to your property as we understand that some residents would like to be able to collect some personal items.
Please note: Temporary access will be offered on June 16, 17 and 18 under strict conditions and if it is safe to do so as the nearby wildfires continue to pose a significant risk to public safety.
Anyone wishing temporary access will require a Temporary Entry Permit, and access for people with Permits will be between 10 a.m. to Dusk. You will need to show the Permit along with identification with your address at a security checkpoint when you enter and leave as the area remains under an Evacuation Order.
A few important notes:
- Access is only for retrieving items from your home/cabin. Please collect your items and leave the area as quickly as possible. You must leave by Dusk at the latest (no overnighting).
- Under no circumstances is access allowed to be used for recreational purposes.
- Persons under the age of 19 will not be permitted in the Evacuation Order area.
- While we are aiming to provide this access for the next three days (June 16-18), this could change as wildfire activity in the area is volatile, and BC Wildfire (BCWS) will assess whether it is safe to enter.
- BCWS representatives will be in the area, and wildfire and structure protection operations are ongoing. If any equipment blocks your access, do not drive over it or move it on your own. Seek a BCWS representative to make access possible.
Here’s how to apply for a Temporary Entry Permit:
- Complete the Temporary Entry Permit application form.
- We will do our best to process the applications as quickly as possible. In general, Temporary Entry Permit requests received before 5:00 p.m. will be granted for the following day if conditions allow.
- Permits will be authorized on a case-by-case basis and will be issued based on a safety assessment conducted by the PRRD Emergency Operations Centre and BC Wildfire.
Please check this page for updates on any changes to this process or additional access times.