HOW TO REACH THE PEACE RIVER REGIONAL DISTRICT EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTRE
There is a new email for the public to reach out to the PRRD EOC for any questions, comments, or concerns. The email is EOC.PublicInfo@prrd.bc.ca and will be monitored Monday – Friday. Residents can also call the PRRD at 250-784-3200.
If it is an emergency, please call 911.
NORTHEAST BC EMERGENCY AND PUBLIC ALERTS
Residents are reminded to please sign up for the North East BC Emergency & Public Alert System. The Peace River Regional District Emergency Operations Centre will use this alert system to send out important alerts and updates. Please click here and follow the steps, or call 250-784-3200 and someone can help you sign up over the phone.
If we can reach you, we can notify you!
PEACE RIVER REGIONAL DISTRICT UPDATE
WATER TAXI SERVICES
Please note, there will be special operations for June 29, 2020, as there is a public meeting. The Operator will make every effort to accommodate all returning home after the Old Fort residents meeting this evening (residents should depart the meeting no later than 9 pm).
The water taxi service will run seven days a week from 05:00 AM through 09:00 PM. Services will be available hourly at the Peace Island Park dock, and at the Old Fort dock.
The docks will start to be installed on Tuesday, June 30 – at both Old Fort and Peace Island Park.
Security will be provided from 05:00 PM through 05:00 AM to safeguard vehicles parked overnight at Peace Island Park. A washroom facility will be available at the Peace Island Park terminus.
Space aboard the water taxi(s) is available on a first-come, first-served basis and may be constrained by COVID-19 physical distancing requirements. Family groupings may travel together.
PRRD and the service operator R+R Rentals will continuously review the service and adjust as needed.
WATER, SEWAGE AND GARBAGE SERVICES
PRRD hopes slide performance will enable MoTI to construct on an occasional basis a temporary access tote road capable of supporting standard-essential services delivery vehicles: Water provision; sewage removal; garbage removal. Failing the timely availability of such a road, the EOC would contract the provision of alternative service delivery:
- Alternative water delivery system adjacent to the lagoon trail north of the subdivision; ETA of installation: 3 – 5 days.
- Alternative garbage solution startup ETA: 1-2 days
- Alternative sewage solution startup: being developed
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION & INFRASTRUCTURE UPDATE
- The landslide has moved a 100-metre section of Old Fort Road approximately 300m downslope since the event started Thursday, June 18th.
- Slide moving at 0.1m/hr at the road; movement has remained at a similar rate over the past 24 hours.
- The instrumentation on-site is providing accurate measurements to technical staff.
- With the implementation of the water taxi between Old Fort and Peace Island Park to provide consistent access to residents, the Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure’s Maintenance Contractor will be removing on-site equipment until such time a road can be constructed.
More from MOTI’s update can be found at: prrd.bc.ca/resources-for-old-fort-slide-residents/moti-updates/
EMERGENCY SUPPORT SERVICES
ESS renewals were provided today, Monday, June 29th, to all registered. Most residents can now return that the water taxi service is in place, should they feel comfortable to do so. Future ESS referrals will be provided on a case by case basis to accommodate special situations. As of June 25, 57 people registered for ESS.
The slide remains unsafe to cross by any means.