Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure Update
The Ministry advises the public that it is unsafe to cross the slide by any means.
The Old Fort Slide continues to move at approximately 1 metre per hour. At this time, the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure is unable to provide the public with safe and reliable access across the slide. A more detailed update from MOTI has been posted to The Ministry Transportation and Infrastructure Updates page.
Peace River Regional District Update
The Peace River Regional District Emergency Operations Centre would like to update everyone on the services being provided to the Residents of Old Fort Community:
- Emergency Support Services (lodging and food supports) for residents choosing to evacuate the area. You can register by calling 250-794-3310, Monday – Friday 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
- As of June 25, 57 people have registered for ESS.
- Temporary boat dock at Old Fort
- A regularly scheduled water taxi service for persons and material between Old Fort and Taylor
- Household garbage transport from the boat staging area
- Provision of water to Old Fort
- Sewage holding tank for residents
There is also a new email for the Public to reach out to the Peace River Regional District Emergency Operations Centre, this email is EOC.Pubicinfo@prrd.bc.ca and is being monitored Monday – Friday.
North East BC Emergency & Public Alert System
If you have not signed up for the North East BC Emergency & Public Alerts system, it is strongly suggested you do. The Peace River Regional District Emergency Operations Centre will send out alerts in regards to the landslide area, and important updates/information. Please click here and follow the steps, or call 250-784-3200 and someone can help you sign up over the phone.
If we can reach you, we can notify you!