Updated at 6:40 pm, July 8
Late in the day MoTI issued a news release announcing today’s construction efforts: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020TRAN0102-001247
Old Fort residents affected by the landslide: The best place to find information is the resource page for Old Fort residents . There you’ll find services details, contact information, advisories and more.
Temporary Access Route:
- Temporary access route now under construction: Following drying, observation and analysis of the slide mass, MoTI today started construction of a temporary emergency access route across the slide. Construction is expected to take 1 – 2 days; updates will be provided when available. The latest MoTI update and archives are always available here.
Situation Report as of 3:00 pm July 8:
The community remains on an emergency footing. Residents should conserve water and limit the production of garbage.
- Emergency Water Taxi Service: Operational.
- Emergency water supplies: Delivery is ongoing. Out of an abundance of caution, a boil water advisory is issued – see the resource page for details.
- Emergency garbage services: Please see the resource page for restrictions and service details.
- MoTI: Temporary access route construction started Wednesday July 8.
- Weather: Change of thundershower today; Showers are expected today Thursday.