The best place detailed information of relevance to Old Fort residents affected by the 2020 landslide incident is the resource page for Old Fort residents . There you’ll find services details, contact information, on-going advisories and more.
Status as of 3:00 pm July 7:
- The community remains on an emergency footing. Residents should conserve water and limit the production of garbage.
- MoTI planning and preparation for access road construction continues; a significant rainfall event triggered the 2020 slide; assessment of the impacts of significant rainfall this past week are ongoing. Currently no reliable estimate exists for completion of an emergency access route for essential services and residents across the slide. The latest MoTI update and archives are always available here.
- A severe thunderstorm watch has been issued by Environment Canada for the Fort St. John Area. Showers are expected Thursday.
- Staging and construction for emergency water delivery operations has begun – we expect to begin deliveries Wednesday. Out of an abundance of caution, a boil water advisory is issued – see the resource page for details.
- Emergency garbage services have commenced. Please see the resource page for restrictions and service details.
Reminder: The resource page for Old Fort residents has been updated with contact phone numbers and service information for all emergency services (Emergency Support Services, water taxi, garbage, and more) being provided to sustain the community and those who have self-evacuated. Make this your first stop for service information.