- The community remains on an emergency footing. Residents should conserve water and limit the production of garbage.
- MoTI planning and preparation for access road construction continues; a significant rainfall event triggered the 2020 slide; assessment of the impacts of significant rainfall this past week are ongoing. Currently no reliable estimate exists for completion of an emergency access route for essential services and residents across the slide. The latest MoTI update and archives are always available here.
- The resource page for Old Fort residents has been updated with contact phone numbers and service information for all emergency services (Emergency Support Services, water taxi, garbage, and more) being provided to sustain the community and those who have self-evacuated. Make this your first stop for service information.
- Weather will be unsettled with a risk of thunderstorm activity both today and Tuesday. The seven-day forecast shows some drying Thursday and Friday.
- Helicopter operations between 4 pm and 5 pm today – material will be long-lined into and out of the community; please avoid the area near Old Fort Road and River Drive.
- Staging for emergency water delivery operations has begun – we expect to begin deliveries late Tuesday or early Wednesday.
- Emergency garbage services have commenced. Please see the resource page for restrictions and service details.