Public Notice is hereby given that the Peace River Regional District (PRRD) will be holding a Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel meeting at 9:30 am on February 22, 2024, at 1981 Alaska Avenue, Dawson Creek, BC. The purpose of the meeting is to review any proposed changes to the parcel tax rolls, for the following services:
|Charlie Lake Sewer Friesen Sewer
Chilton Sewer Harper Imperial Sewer
Fort St. John Airport Subdivision Water Kelly Lake Sewer
Fort St. John Airport Subdivision Sewer Rolla Sewer
Parcel tax rolls are available for inspection at the PRRD offices in Dawson Creek and Fort St. John during regular office hours, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Offices are located at:
- 1981 Alaska Avenue, Dawson Creek, BC and
- 9505 – 100th Street, Fort St. John, BC (closed for lunch 12 noon – 1 pm)
The purpose of the parcel tax roll review is to ensure information is correct for billing of property taxes for 2024.
Property owners may request a correction to the parcel tax roll for their own property and only for the following reasons:
- a) there is an error or omission respecting a name or address on the tax roll;
- b) there is an error or omission respecting the inclusion of a parcel;
- c) there is an error or omission respecting the taxable area of a parcel;
- d) an exemption has been improperly allowed or disallowed.
Requests for corrections as noted above must be submitted in writing and must be received by February 20, 2024 to be considered by the panel.
Requests may be submitted to the Roxanne Shepherd, Chief Financial Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Box 810, Dawson Creek, BC, V1G 4H8
Telephone inquiries should be directed to Roxanne Shepherd, Chief Financial Officer at (250) 784.3219 or Toll Free at 1.800.670.7773.