Northern Health has announced that it is completing Phase 1 immunizations this month, and moving into vaccinations for Phase 2.
Phase 2 groups include:
- people receiving long-term home support services and staff
- seniors and high-risk people residing in independent living and senior’s supportive housing (including staff),
- those aged 70+ that are living with those in independent living or long-term home support services.
- residents and staff in congregate settings, including:
- supportive seniors projects;
- supportive housing;
- adult group homes;
- mental health & substance Use group settings;
- Community Living BC; and
- correctional facilities.
Beginning March 8, 2021, seniors aged 80+ born before 1941 and Indigenous people aged 65+ (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) born in or before 1956, who are not living in independent living or seniors’ supportive housing, can make one call to book their appointment through Northern Health’s call centre according to a staggered schedule.There is no requirement to register before booking. Immunization clinic locations will be confirmed at the time of booking, with vaccinations starting as early as March 15.
The contact information for the Northern Health region, complete call-in schedules, hours of operations and step-by-step instructions on how to call to book an appointment or to book an appointment for a loved one will be available on March 8, 2021, through gov.bc.ca/bcseniorsfirst, and on the Northern Health website.The toll free phone number is 1-844-255-7555.