An Evacuation Order has been issued for the following areas within Electoral Area E:
- North shore of Williston Lake
- Table Creek south to Dowling Creek (8km west of the WAC Bennett Dam, 40km Johnson FSR)
- Southwest following Dowling Creek to the intersection of McAllister Creek
- West to approximately 10km West of Peck Creek
- North to Williston Lake
An Evacuation Order has been issued for Battleship Mountain & Carbon Lake Area due to immediate danger to life, safety, and health due to wildfire. In the last 24 hours, the wildfire has grown from 4500ha to 8000ha. The BC Wildfire Service has recommended this Order due to the current and expected fire growth over the next 72hrs, which is expected to reach over the Eastside of Battleship Mountain as a result of the current rate of spread (15m/minute), 30km winds, and the fire behavior.
Winds are expected to reach up to 70km/hour on Sunday, September 4, which could increase fire spread to 30m/minute. Should this occur, there is an increased risk that the Johnson Creek FSR could become impassable and limit the ability for people to evacuate safely.
You Must Leave the Area Immediately.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Follow the Johnson Creek Forest Service Road (FSR) East to Highway 29 and continue to a safe location.
- Please visit prrd.bc.ca and bcwildfire.ca regularly for current information.
- If you need transportation assistance from the area, advise the person providing this notice or call 1-800-670-7773.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbour or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles then you have to.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, cell & charger and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.