The Peace River Regional District (PRRD) in cooperation with the City of Fort St. John and the District of Taylor are exploring ideas for a new Recreational Facility in the North Peace Region.
The North Peace Leisure Pool is aging
A replacement facility will include spaces for aquatics, and may include additional recreation amenities, and social spaces. The PRRD is conducting a feasibility study exploring ideas about where the facility could be located, and what spaces and features could be included within it.
Planning starts now
The PRRD, City of Fort St. John, and District of Taylor want to understand the interests and preferences of the people who live here. We are engaging the public to ensure decisions relating to the project reflect the needs, values and identity of this Region. The information gathered from community input, along with other research that will be done will help to inform the feasibility study.
Tell us what you would like to see in a new recreational facility!
During the Summer of 2018, did you drop in to a pop-up? Did you tell us your ideas at the Ideas fair? Did you fill out a survey?
- School District #60 Track Meet, Fort St. John, June 8, 2018
- Big Bam Vertical Slam, Taylor, June 9, 2018
- World Fair, Fort St. John, June 9, 2018
- Movie in the Park, Fort St. John, June 15, 2018
- North Peace Museum Yard Sale, Fort St. John, June 16, 2018
- Canada Day, Fort St. John, July 1, 2018
- Rotary Spray Park Grand Opening, Fort St. John, July 6, 2018
- “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” Golf Tournament, Taylor, July 14, 2018
- Fort St. John Rodeo, July 21, 2018
- Rotary Club Colour Run, Fort St. John, July 22, 2018
- International Gold Planning Days, Taylor, August 4, 2018
- TGIFSJ – Teddy Bear Picnic, Fort St. John, August 17, 2018
- North Peace Fall Fair, North Pine, August 18-19, 2018
- TGIFSJ – Party in the Park, Fort St. John, August 31, 2018
- Community One Stop Registration, Fort St. John, September 8, 2018
- YAC Archery Tag Night, Fort St. John, September 22, 2018
Head to the Ideas Fair
- Moose FM Block Party, September 8, 2018.
Fill out the online survey
- The online survey is now closed.
We’ll have more opportunities to get involved in the project later in 2019 including attending an Open House and the final presentation of findings. Stay tuned!
The North Peace Leisure Pool Replacement Study began in June 2018 and is planned to be completed by Summer 2019. You can see the planned stages of the project and opportunities to be involved below. You can also check the Take Part! page for announcements about public events and input opportunities.
We want to hear from you!
Thank you to everyone who attended a pop-up events or who filled out a survey. There will be more opportunity to let your voice be heard in the Spring of 2019. We will also be posting the results of the public engagement sessions soon!
Upcoming, you will also be able to complete our second online survey to tell us what you think about the preliminary ideas that came out of the information that you provided about how you use the current pool, and what aquatic and recreation opportunities you would value in a future facility.