The Peace River Regional District has issued an Evacuation Order for the Donnie Creek and Tommy Lakes areas due immediate danger to life safety caused by a wildfire. This area is primarily used by forestry, and gas and oil industry operations.
The Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Order is in effect for the following areas:
- 89 km and north on the Tommy Lakes Road,
- Extending to the confluence of the Sikanni Chief River and the Buckinghorse River in the southeast,
- To the border with the Norther Rockies Regional Municipality in the north
- To the Gutah and West Gutah Creek in the east.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
Industry and other area users should shut down operations and evacuate the area immediately.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Due to smoke and fire in the area, the recommended evacuation through the following route:
- If you are north of the 89 km mark on Tommy Lakes Road, proceed south on Tommy Lakes Road to Highway 97 South to Fort St John.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, cell & charger and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Please visit prrd.bc.ca and BC Wildfire Services regularly for current information.