Based on recommendations from BC Wildfire, the Peace River Regional District has rescinded Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Order #6 as of June 19, 2023 at 1630 hours (4:30 p.m.).
This means the Evacuation Order is cancelled for the following areas and they are now under Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Alert #12:
- 4 km east of Highway 97N between Sikanni Chief and Pink Mountain;
- due east from Pink Mountain to a point where it intersects with West Milligan Creek;
- due north 24 kms; and
- west to point of intersection (Sikanni Chief 4 km east of Highway 97).
The addresses listed below are included in this area and residents can return home; however, it is important to note that the fire situation remains volatile and residents are advised to remain prepared to evacuate on short notice.
|26293 126 Rd.||24201 Beatton Airport Rd.||24839 Beatton Airport Rd.|
|23167 126 Rd.||24361 Beatton Airport Rd.||24839 PDR 200|
|18693 PDR 191||24865 Beatton Airport Rd.||26296 135 Rd.|
|18162 PDR 191||24541 Beatton Airport Rd.||24843 135 Rd.|
|17486 PDR 191||24531 Beatton Airport Rd.|
We recommend that residents sign up for North East BC Alerts at NEBCAlerts.com to be notified directly about any future Evacuation Orders and Alerts. We also recommend that residents take advantage of PRRD”s 2023 Firesmart program, which provides tips on how to protect your home and property. For more information about this program and to book an appointment, visit https://prrd.bc.ca/firesmart/.
Tips for Returning Home
- You do not need to check in at an Emergency Support Services Reception Centre.
- Fill the gas tank of personal vehicles.
- Bring a minimum of three days of food and essential supplies (e.g. medications, pet supplies) with you as local grocery stores may not yet have adequate stock.
- Please use extra caution when driving – there may be hazards on the roads throughout the area, including downed trees. It’s a good idea to avoid driving at night or if there is poor visibility due to rain or smoke.
- Please refer to our Heading Back Home Guide for tips on returning safely to your home after an evacuation, including:
- how to assess and avoid potential hazards on your property; and
- how to deal with health and safety risks in your home, including how to deal with rotting food and other garbage.
This Order does not apply to First Nations communities or municipalities as they issue their own Orders and Alerts.
For more information:
Sign up for North East BC Alerts at NEBCAlerts.com to be notified about changes to Evacuation Orders and Alerts.
Additional information about Evacuation Alerts and Orders will be posted at prrd.bc.ca
PRRD Emergency Information Line: 250-219-5210
Emergency Information Email: email@example.com
Visit bcwildfire.ca for updates on the wildfire status and firefighting response.