Based on recommendations from BC Wildfire, the Peace River Regional District has rescinded Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Order #5 as of June 8, 2023 at 1230 hrs (12:30 p.m.)
This means the Evacuation Order is cancelled for the following areas:
- The area North of Grewatsch Creek on PDR 222,
- The area North of km 44 on Tommy Lakes Road,
- To the junction of Horse Range Creek and Sikanni Chief River,
- Northeast along Sikanni Chief River to the Peace River Regional District,
- The area North of km 20 on PDR 204 (Beatton Airport Road), and
- Extending North to the border with the Northern Rockies Regional Municipality.
Evacuation Alert #7 was also issued today with an expanded area.
This notification does not apply to First Nations communities or municipalities as they issue their own Orders and Alerts.
This area is now under an Area Restriction Order, which restricts access due to continued wildfire in the area, and this process is managed by BC Wildfire. For details visit bcwildfire.ca.
Please note that an Evacuation Order may need to be reissued; however, if that is deemed necessary, a new Evacuation Order process will be initiated.
For more information:
Additional information about Evacuation Alerts and Orders will be posted at prrd.bc.ca.
PRRD Emergency Information Line: 250-219-5210
Emergency Information Email: email@example.com
BC Wildfire is responsible for the wildfire firefighting response and Area Restriction Orders. For updates and additional information visit bcwildfire.ca