Based on recommendations from BC Wildfire, the Peace River Regional District has issued a new Evacuation Order for the Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes wildfires due to immediate danger to life safety.
Donnie Creek Evacuation Order #4 is in effect for the following areas:
- The area North of Grewatsch Creek on PDR 222.
- The area North of km 44 on Tommy Lakes Road.
- The area North of km 20 on PDR 204 (Beatton Airport Road).
- Extending north to the border with the Northern Rockies Regional Municipality.
This Order does not apply to First Nations communities as they issue their own Orders and Alerts.
Map of Evacuation Order Area:
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
Evacuation Orders are issued on the recommendation of BC Wildfire when there is an immediate threat to life safety. Anyone under the age of 19 is required to evacuate by law. Industry and other area users should shut down operations and evacuate the area immediately.
If you need assistance to evacuate from the area, such as for transportation, mobility, health or other needs, please call the PRRD at 1-800-670-7773.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN YOU EVACUATE:
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Take critical items (identification, credit cards, medicine, cellphone and charger, and keys) if they are immediately available.
- Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Check DriveBC for road conditions for evacuation route options.
For more information:
Please visit prrd.bc.ca for updates on Evacuation Orders and Alerts, and visit bcwildfire.ca for updates on the wildfire status and firefighting response.
Additional information about Evacuation Alerts and Orders will be posted at prrd.bc.ca.
Emergency Information Email: email@example.com