May 16, 2023 0010hrs
The Peace River Regional District has issued an expanded Evacuation Order for the Donnie Creek and Tommy Lakes areas due to immediate danger to life safety caused by a wildfire. This area is primarily used by forestry, and gas and oil industry operations.
The Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Order is in effect for the following areas:
- 77 km and North on the Tommy Lakes Road,
- Extending east to Wendy Lake,
- To the border with the Northern Rockies Regional Municipality in the North,
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
Industry and other area users should shut down operations and evacuate the area immediately.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Due to smoke and fire in the area, the recommended evacuation through the following route:
- If you are north of the 89 km mark on Tommy Lakes Road, proceed south on Tommy Lakes Road to Highway 97 South to Fort St John.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, cell & charger and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Please visit prrd.bc.ca and BC Wildfire Services regularly for current information.