Issued June 11, 2023 at 2115 hours (9:15 p.m.)
Based on recommendations from BC Wildfire, the Peace River Regional District has issued an additional Evacuation Alert area for the Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes wildfire due to potential risk to health and safety.
The following areas are included in Evacuation Alert #9:
- west of Highway 97 N between Mile 192 and Mile 207;
- west 6 km from Mile 192 of Hwy 97N;
- from that point, north to the Prophet River; and
- east following along the Prophet River for 14 km then southeast to Mile 207 of Hwy 97N.
This Alert does not apply to First Nations communities or municipalities as they issue their own Orders and Alerts.
Map of Evacuation Alert Area
To see if your property is under an Evacuation Order or an Evacuation Alert, go to the Online Map Tool and enter your address in the search bar at the top.
This is the time to GET PREPARED to leave your home on short notice.
An Evacuation Alert is issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an evacuation; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Sign up for North East BC Emergency notifications at NEBCAlerts.com to receive alerts about Evacuation Orders and Alerts.
- Pack essential items for a quick departure, such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, passports, birth certificates, banking and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents, keys, cellphone and charger and if time and space permits, personal keepsakes.
- Prepare to move people with disabilities, children and neighbours, if they need assistance.
- Prepare to take pets and pet care items (leash, carrier, food) with you.
- Arrange transportation for all of your household and fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Ensure your cistern or potable water system is full.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Make a plan for livestock if applicable. For information on provincial resources visit the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock Relocation web page.
- If you will need assistance to evacuate from the area, such as for transportation, mobility, health or other needs, please call 1-800-670-7773.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued BEFORE evacuating.
- Monitor prrd.bc.ca for information on Evacuation Orders and Alerts, and for the location of Reception Centres and hours of operation.
Use the Evacuation Alert Checklist to help prepare for a possible evacuation.
For more information:
Additional information about Evacuation Alerts and Orders will be posted at prrd.bc.ca.
PRRD Emergency Information Line: 250-219-5210
Emergency Information Email: email@example.com
BC Wildfire is responsible for the wildfire firefighting response and Area Restriction Orders. For updates and additional information visit bcwildfire.ca.