Based on recommendations from BC Wildfire, the Peace River Regional District has adjusted the boundaries of the Evacuation Alert area for the Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes wildfires. This Alert is being issued due to potential danger to life and health.
Properties that were under Evacuation Alert #5 are now under Evacuation Alert #6, as well as additional areas to the East.
Evacuation Alert #6 applies to the following areas:
- 1km East of Highway 97 between km 225 and km 273,
- Due East to a point where it insects with West Milligan Creek,
- Due North to a point of intersection with Cautley Creek,
- Northwest to the Peace River Regional District,
- West following the Peace River Regional District boundary to Kahntah River,
- South following Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Wildfire Evacuation Order #5 to Buckinghorse River, and
- Southwest to 1km East of Highway 97.
This Alert does not apply to First Nations communities as they issue their own Orders and Alerts.
Map of Evacuation Alert Area
This is the time to GET PREPARED to leave the area on short notice.
An Evacuation Alert is issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents and industry operators in the area will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an evacuation; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
- Industry and other operations in the area should be prepared to shut down and evacuate the area on short notice.
- Refer to your emergency operational plan and risk assessment for a wildfire evacuation.
- Locate all staff and contractors and ensure they are aware of your evacuation plan should an Evacuation Order be called.
- Sign up for North East BC Emergency notifications at NEBCAlerts.com to receive alerts about Evacuation Orders and Alerts.
- For camps and other accommodations, use the Evacuation Alert Checklist.
- Pack essential items for a quick departure, such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers, cell phone and charger and if time and space permits, personal keepsakes.
- Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Make a plan for livestock if applicable. For information on provincial resources visit the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock Relocation web page.
- If you will need assistance to evacuate from the area, such as for transportation, mobility, health, or other needs, please call 1-800-670-7773.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued BEFORE evacuating.
- Monitor prrd.bc.ca and for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres and hours of operation.
For more information:
Additional information about Evacuation Alerts and Orders will be posted at prrd.bc.ca.
Emergency Information Email: email@example.com
BC Wildfire is responsible for the wildfire firefighting response. For updates and additional information visit bcwildfire.ca.