Based on recommendations from BC Wildfire, the Peace River Regional District has adjusted the Evacuation Alert area for the Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes wildfires.
The properties that were under an Evacuation Order #3 for the Donnie Lakes/Tommy Creek wildfires are now under Evacuation Alert #4. This includes the following areas:
- North of the Beatton River on the Tommy Lakes Road and the Beatton Airport Road
- North of Grewatsch Creek on PDR 22
- Extending North to the border with the Norther Rockies Regional Municipality
The communities that were previously under Evacuation Alert #3 are no longer under an Alert. This includes the following areas:
- Nig Creek and North of Nig Creek on the Beatton Airport Road
- North of24 km on Tommy Lakes Road
- East of Highway 97 from Mile 120 to Trutch
- Including all areas within 20 km of the Donnie Creek Evacuation Order Area.
This notification does not apply to First Nations communities as they issue their own Orders and Alerts.
Map of Evacuation Alert Area
Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Alert #4 Map PDF
To search for your address to see if your property is under an Evacuation Alert, got to the Online Map Tool and enter your address in the search bar at the top.
It is important to remain prepared to leave your home on short notice.
An Evacuation Alert is issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an evacuation; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Sign up for North East BC Emergency notifications at NEBCAlerts.com to receive alerts about Evacuation Orders and Alerts.
- Pack essential items for a quick departure, such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, passports, birth certificates, banking and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents, cell phone and charger and, if time and space permits, personal keepsakes.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if they need assistance.
- Prepare to take pets with you including pet care items (leash, carrier, food) and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household, and fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Make a plan for livestock if applicable. For information on provincial resources, please see the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock Relocation Information.
- If you will need assistance to evacuate from the area, such as for transportation, mobility, health, or other needs, please call 1-800-670-7773.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued BEFORE evacuating.
- Monitor prrd.bc.ca and for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres and hours of operation.
An Evacuation Alert Checklist is available to help you prepare for an evacuation.
Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Alert #4 PDF
For more information:
Additional information about Evacuation Alerts and Orders will be posted at prrd.bc.ca.
PRRD Emergency Information Line: 250-219-5210
Emergency Information Email: email@example.com
BC Wildfire is responsible for the wildfire firefighting response. For updates and additional information visit bcwildfire.ca.