The roles of the Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating the distribution of grants to medical students;
- Implementing Board initiatives to recruit and retain health care professionals in the Peace River Region;
- Adjudicate RN/RPN health care scholarship applications, and other scholarships as necessary;
- Making health care related recommendations to the Board, including the expansion or reduction of scholarship program(s), as necessary;
- Managing the scholarship budget, as approved by the Board, to disperse funds to participants of various health care education programs.