Public Notices

Receive Public Notices straight to your email: Subscribe here!

Service Disruption: Hudson’s Hope Transfer Station – Used Oil

The Hudson’s Hope transfer station is unable to accept used oil at this time, due to ongoing construction for the Tier 1 Upgrade Project.

We appreciate your patience while we work to bring upgrades to the Hudson’s Hope Transfer Station. Further updates will be provided throughout construction of the project.

Notice of Intent to consider Development Variance Permit 24-008 to increase the maximum allowable accessory building floor area from 300m² to 366m² to accommodate the construction of a new shop, 10745 255 Road Fort St John


Fort St. John Bulk Water Station Closure

The Peace River Regional District (PRRD) is sharing the City of Fort St. John’s service alert on an upcoming Bulk Water Station closure, as it may impact PRRD residents.

The City of Fort St. John’s Bulk Water Station located at 10715 116 Street will be closed starting Wednesday, July 3, 2024 for parking lot reconstruction. The station will reopen on Monday, July 22, 2024.

Residential users can use the Charlie Lake Bulk Water Station located at 13074 Lakeshore Drive during this time.

Commercial users must use alternative bulk water stations around the Peace River region, including:

  • PRRD Stations: Boundary Lake, Buick, Feye Spring and Prespatou
  • District of Taylor
  • City of Dawson Creek

A graphic with a picture of the Fort St. John Bulk Water Fill Station and the title Service Alert. The caption reads Construction Closure July 3 to the 22, 2024.

Notice of Intent to Consider Development Variance Permit 24-007 DVP to Increase the permitted maximum accessory building floor area by 71.4m² from 187m² to 258.6m² to construct a new accessory structure, 9977 81 Ave Fort St John


PRRD Board of Variance

The Peace River Regional District (PRRD) is accepting applications from interested residents wishing to serve on the PRRD Board of Variance.  The Regional Board will be appointing three members for a three-year term, ending in 2026.

The Board of Variance is an autonomous body with the ability to vary Zoning Bylaw regulations in situations where compliance with respect to the siting, dimension or size of a building or structure would cause a person undue hardship. It also deals with matters regarding additions and structural alterations to non-conforming buildings. The Board of Variance may not vary land use or density provisions, nor does it replace the Building Permit process.

The Board meets when applications are received, typically three to five times a year.  Electronic participation is available unless restricted by equipment or facility capability.  Members shall serve without remuneration but will be paid for reasonable and necessary expenses that arise directly out of the performance of their duties.

The Regional District is encouraging all interested residents to submit their applications to as soon as possible



Tyra Henderson,

Corporate Officer


Toll Free: 1-800-670-7773



Development applications for lands within the Old Fort Study Area

Until further notice, and at the resolution of the Regional Board, the Peace River Regional District will consider, but is likely to reject or defer any application for Development Variance Permits, Temporary Use Permits, Official Community Plan (OCP) Bylaw Amendments and Zoning Bylaw Amendments for lands within the Geohazard Study Area (outlined in red in the below map). The study area is located approximately 5 kilometers south of Fort St. John near the community of Old Fort, BC.