Issued June 30, 2023 at 1630 hours (4:30 p.m.)
Based on recommendations from BC Wildfire, the Peace River Regional District has expanded the area for the Evacuation Alert for the Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes wildfire due to potential risk to health and life safety.
Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Alert #13 includes the areas that were previously under Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Alert #12, as well as an additional civic address (23583 PDR 200) and some unpopulated areas. The following is a description of all of the areas now included in Evacuation Alert #13:
- from Mile 207 on Highway 97 North West to the Prophet River;
- southwest following the Prophet River for 14km to Milliken Creek;
- from that point, continuing south easterly, maintaining approximately a 6 km buffer west of Hwy 97 N to a point of intersection of km 20 on the Pink Mountain Road (Halfway River);
- south east following Halfway River to the intersection of Boring Ranch Road and Cypress Creek Road;
- south east and east to a point of intersection with Highway 97 N at km 177;
- heading north along Highway 97 to 1 km north of Tommy Lakes Road;
- turning north east within 1 km of the Tommy Lakes Road for 20 km;
- from there heading due east to 3 km East of PDR 200 (North of Peejay);
- north to the headwaters and including the following creeks: West Milligan Creek, Big Arrow Creek, and Zaremba Creek;
- south to a point 16 km due East of the intersection of the Black Creek and Beatton River;
- heading due west towards a point 6 km before mile 160 on the Alaska Highway;
- turning northeast along the Sikanni Chief River for 4 km;
- heading northwest for 44 km;
- then southeast towards Kirkpatrick Creek;
- then generally northeast towards Horse Range Creek; and
- then northwest to Mile 207 to the Prophet River.
For a list of the civic addresses that are under Evacuation Alert #13, please see Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Alert #13 Official Notice.
It’s important to note that the wildfire situation remains volatile, and residents are advised to remain prepared to leave on short notice. We also recommend that residents take advantage of PRRD”s 2023 Firesmart program, which provides tips on how to protect your home and property. For more information about this program and to book an appointment, visit https://prrd.bc.ca/firesmart/.
This Evacuation Alert does not apply to First Nations communities or municipalities as they issue their own Orders and Alerts.
Map of Evacuation Alert Area
Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Alert #13 Map PDF
Online Evacuation Map Tool
To see if your property is under an Evacuation Order or an Evacuation Alert, go to the Online Evacuation Map Tool and enter your address in the search bar at the top.
This is the time to GET PREPARED to leave your home on short notice.
An Evacuation Alert is issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an evacuation; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Sign up for North East BC Emergency notifications at NEBCAlerts.com to receive alerts about Evacuation Orders and Alerts.
- Pack essential items for a quick departure, such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, passports, birth certificates, banking and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents, keys, cellphone and charger and if time and space permits, personal keepsakes.
- Prepare to move people with disabilities, children and neighbours, if they need assistance.
- Prepare to take pets and pet care items (leash, carrier, food) with you.
- Arrange transportation for all of your household and fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Ensure your cistern or potable water system is full.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Make a plan for livestock if applicable. For information on provincial resources visit the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock Relocation web page.
- If you will need assistance to evacuate from the area, such as for transportation, mobility, health or other needs, please call 1-800-670-7773.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued BEFORE evacuating.
- Monitor prrd.bc.ca for information on Evacuation Orders and Alerts, and for the location of Reception Centres and hours of operation.
Use the Evacuation Alert Checklist to help prepare for a possible evacuation.
Donnie Creek/Tommy Lakes Evacuation Alert Official Notice #13 PDF
For more information:
Sign up for North East BC Emergency notifications at NEBCAlerts.com to receive alerts about Evacuation Orders and Alerts.
Additional information about Evacuation Alerts and Orders will be posted at prrd.bc.ca.
PRRD Emergency Information Line: 250-219-5210
Emergency Information Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BC Wildfire is responsible for the wildfire firefighting response and Area Restriction Orders. For updates and additional information visit bcwildfire.ca.