May 13, 2023 1500 hrs (3:00 p.m.)
The Peace River Regional District has issued an expanded the Evacuation Alert area for the Cameron River wildfire.
Properties that were under an Evacuation Order are now included in Evacuation Alert #2, and the communities that were under Evacuation Alert #1 remain under Alert #2.
The communities that are now all included in Evacuation Alert #2 include:
- on the Upper Halfway Road from Cameron River to Lexau Ranch
- the area south of the Halfway River, between Kobes Creek and Ground Birch Creek
This notification does not apply to the Halfway River First Nation.
Map of Evacuation Alert Area
To search for your address to see if your property is under an Evacuation Order or an Evacuation Alert, you can use the Map Tool at http://ow.ly/fnHU50OpKnH. Then enter your address in the search bar at the top.
This is the time to GET PREPARED to leave your home on short notice.
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an evacuation; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Sign up for North East BC Emergency notifications at NEBCAlerts.com to receive alerts about Evacuation Orders and Alerts.
- Pack essential items for a quick departure, such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, passports, birth certificates, banking and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents, cell phone and charger and, if time and space permits, personal keepsakes.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if they need assistance.
- Prepare to take pets with you including pet care items (leash, carrier, food) and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household, and fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- If you will need assistance to evacuate from the area, such as for transportation, mobility, health, or other needs, please call 1-800-670-7773.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued BEFORE evacuating.
- Monitor prrd.bc.ca and for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres and hours of operation.
An Evacuation Alert checklist is available under Emergency News at https://prrd.bc.ca/evacuation-alert-checklist.
For more information:
Additional information about Evacuation Alerts and Orders will be posted at prrd.bc.ca.
PRRD Emergency Information Line: 250-219-5210
Emergency Information Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BC Wildfire is responsible for the wildfire firefighting response. For updates and additional information visit bcwildfire.ca.