May 9, 2023 18:00 hrs
An expanded Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Peace River Regional District at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC).
BC Wildfire Service has recommended an evacuation alert as a result of the Boundary Lake wildfire (G80220) and fire behaviour.
Evacuation Alert #4 replaces Evacuation Alert #3, and expands the previous Alert area to included areas that have been downgraded from an Order to an Alert. If you were previously only on Alert, you will remain on Alert at this time.
CAUTION: THERE ARE HAZARDS IN THE AREA. STAY AT LEAST 10 METERS FROM DOWNED POWERLINES. CREWS WILL BE WORKING TO RESTORE POWER OVER THE COMING DAYS.
Because of the potential danger to life and health, the Peace River Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for properties between the 237 Road and the Alberta Border on Cecil Lake Road, including properties approximately 20km North and South of the Cecil Lake Road. Please view map for more information.
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separ
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents, cell phone & charger and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you including pet care items (leash, carrier, food) and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles. If transportation assistance is needed, call 250-784-3222.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor prrd.bc.ca and Emergency Info BC for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres and hours of operation.
Further information will be issued at www.prrd.bc.ca or BC Wildfire at bcwildfire.ca for more information.
See the alert here: