The evacuation ALERT (#8) issued on August 12, 2020, for all properties east of 265 Road, south of 240 Road, west of City of Fort St. John boundary and 7583 Old Fort Road, has been rescinded. This includes the following properties:
- 9819 240 Road
- 6963 265 Road
- 6933 265 Road
- PID: 006-773-397
- PID: 007-387-539
- Road right-of-way south of 007-387-539
- Crown Provincial: REM SEC18 TP83 R18 W6M
- A portion of 7583 Old Fort Road
- A portion of 9820 River Drive
- A portion of 6975 Old Fort Road
- A 50 metre wide Right Of Way around the current location of the semipermanent access road in N ½ of S ½ if SW ¼ SEC 19TP 83 R 18 W6M and N1/2 OF SW1/4 SEC 19 TP 83 R 18 W6M
Effective today, August 13, 2021 at 1200 hours, this evacuation ALERT has been rescinded (cancelled).
This alert is being rescinded upon receiving advice from the Peace River Regional District’s geotechnical consultants, who continue to investigate outstanding issues related to the landslide. Upon confirmation that the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure continues to actively monitor the area surrounding the Old Fort Road where the landslide occurred, the geotechnical consultants are satisfied that evacuation alerts can be removed at this time. As new information comes forward, it will be
assessed to determine whether changes to evacuation alerts or orders can or need to be made. We thank the residents of Old Fort for their patience during this difficult time.