Today’s blog is all about reducing waste in your office! Let’s face it, we spend a good portion of our days at work so why not try to reduce your waste here too.
Waste Reduction Tips for Reducing Paper:
Say no to paper by:
- Going electronic.
- Storing files digitally.
- Edit files on computers rather than printing it out.
- Reduce unsolicited mail.
- Posting or send work memos electronically instead of printing.
If it is not possible to completely cut out paper try these ideas:
- Print double sided.
- Reuse scrap printed paper by making notepads.
- Consider not using cover sheets on faxes.
- Cover mailing addresses with labels and then reuse the envelopes.
- Use recycled or alternative paper.
- Re-purpose shredded office paper as package filling.
- Reuse boxes for shipping.
- Have a bin for recycling paper.
Other Waste Reduction Tips:
- Purchase products that have little to no packaging.
- Consider buying more products in bulk.
- Ask that deliveries be shipped in returnable containers if possible.
- Minimize colour printing (it uses more ink).
- Buy recycled toner and ink (cartridges contribute metal and plastic to landfills).
- Buy used furniture.
- Recycle e-waste (computers, printers, etc.) responsibly. There are places throughout the regional district that can recycle these material properly.
- Provide reusable dishes for meetings.
- Provide recycling bins for bottles, containers, etc.
Can you think for reducing waste at the office? Let the PRRD know by posting on Facebook. As always please share this post on social media.
Finally, if you want to see more posts from pRRRdy Talks Trash subscribe to our mailing list!