Pursuant to Section 12 (1) of the BC Emergency Program Act an expanded Evacuation Order has been issued by the Peace River Regional District due to immediate danger to life and safety caused by a wildfire. Members of the RCMP and other applicable agencies will be expediting this action.
The Order has been issued for the following areas within Electoral Area B and E:
- Following the eastern boundary of Butler Ridge Provincial Park from the District of Hudson’s Hope Boundary to the Northern tip, proceeding east until a point intersection Farrell Creek;
- South following Farrell Creek to a point where the Farrell Creek meets the Peace River, due West following the Peace River to the District of Hudson’s Hope boundary;
- East of Johnson Creek forestry service road at 40km, North following Dowling Creek to the District of Hudson’s Hope boundary;
- South along the Hudson’s Hope boundary to a point where it intersects Coalbed Creek, and Southwest to a point of intersection with Pete Lake, continuing Southwest to a point of intersection with Moberly Lake forestry service road;
- West following Moberly River to a point including Stubley Creek heading in a north-westerly direction to the boundary of Klin-Se-Za Addition Provincial Park;
- North along the easterly boundary of the Klin-Se-Za Addition Provincial Park, to a point intersecting Dowling Creek and north following Dowling Creek to the Johnson FSR to 40km.
- All of Twelve Mile Rd. from the District of Hudson’s Hope Boundary West, including Josef Rd., Dunlevy Rd., Eagle Heights Dr. and Aspen Ridge Dr.;
- Including all areas South and East of Butler Ridge Park Boundary
- North shore of Williston Lake
- Table Creek south to Dowling Creek (8km west of the WAC Bennett Dam, 40km Johnson FSR)
- Southwest following Dowling Creek to the intersection of McAllister Creek
- West to approximately 10km West of Peck Creek
- North to Williston Lake
Emergency Support Services Resources
Residents are to check in at the North Peace Arena located at 9805 – 96 Ave Fort St. John for emergency support services.
Residents who have already found their own accommodations are to call 250-794-3310 to check in with emergency support services.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Follow the Johnson Creek Forest Service Road (FSR) East to Highway 29 and continue to a safe location.
- Please visit prrd.bc.ca and BC Wildfire Services regularly for current information
- If you need transportation assistance from the area, advise the person providing this notice or call 1-800-670-7773.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close all windows and gates (latch) but do not lock them
- Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbour or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles then you have
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, cell & charger and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on a leash.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency assistance.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The District of Hudson’s Hope has prepared a FAQ document for residents:
View the full Order here: