An expanded Evacuation Order has been issued by the Peace River Regional District due to immediate danger to life and safety caused by a wildfire. Members of the RCMP and other applicable agencies will be expediting this action.
The Order has been issued for the following areas within Electoral Area E:
- All of Twelve Mile Rd., Josef Rd., Dunlevy Rd., Eagle Heights Dr. and Aspen Ridge Dr.
- North shore of Williston Lake
- Table Creek south to Dowling Creek (8km west of the WAC Bennett Dam, 40km Johnson FSR)
- Southwest following Dowling Creek to the intersection of McAllister Creek
- West to approximately 10km West of Peck Creek
- North to Williston Lake
Emergency Support Services Resources
Residents are to call 250-794-3310 for any emergency support services required at this time.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO NEXT:
- Follow the Johnson Creek Forest Service Road (FSR) East to Highway 29 and continue to a safe location.
- Please visit prrd.bc.ca and bcwildfire.ca regularly for current information.
- If you need transportation assistance from the area, advise the person providing this notice or call 1-800-670-7773.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbour or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles then you have to.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, cell & charger and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
View the full Order: