The Order Rescind is effective immediately An Evacuation Alert #2 is now in place for the community of Kelly Lake, described as:
• 4 km West of the Alberta border
• 5 km North of Kelly Lake until 5km South of Kelly Lake
Residents can begin to return home in the community of Kelly Lake. Should the situation change, residents must remain diligent and be prepared to leave with short notice.
The Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary.
Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions. Any residents concerned with returning to the community may be able to have extended Emergency Support Services on a case-by-case basis. Please call the ESS Reception Centre at 250-784-4681.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
• Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents, cell phone & charger and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
• Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
• Prepare to take pets with you including pet care items (leash, carrier, food) and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
• Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
• Those with transportation, mobility, health, or other special needs can call 1-800-670-7773 for assistance.
• Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
• Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor prrd.bc.ca and Emergency Info BC for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres and hours of operation.
For up to date information, please visit the BC Wildfire Service website. Have you signed up for North East BC Emergency alerts yet? It takes minutes and can be crucial in an emergency. Download the app by searching ‘Everbridge’ wherever you get your apps, or register online at nebcalerts.com
To view the full alert view below:
Evacuation ALERT #2 Bearhole Lake – September 8