Subscribe to Daily Updates
Subscribe to Emergency Alerts
- The Resiliency Centre will be open to Old Fort Residents on Thursday, October 18th, at 10am. The Centre will be open every day after that from 10am – 7pm.
- The Centre is located at 9940 102 Avenue between BMO and Domino’s Pizza.
- The Centre will be managed by Red Cross on behalf of the PRRD.
- The Resiliency Centre is a place for Old Fort Residents to drop by and get up to date information.
- The Resiliency Centre also offers a chance to connect with others from the Old Fort Community members and have access to supportive services.
- There have been many kind offers of support from volunteers in the area. Residents can visit the Resiliency Centre to see a list of services being offered.
View all Public Notices...
October 17, 2018 at 7:02 pm
October 17, 2018 at 7:00 pm
The EOC is closed now and will reopen on Thursday, October 18, 2018.
You can reach the PRRD EOC 24 hours a day at 250-784-3200.
October 17, 2018 at 4:34 pm
Resiliency Centre is Opening on Thursday October 18th.
October 17, 2018 at 4:01 pm
32 more residents were able to get to their properties to get their belongings on October 16th. Residents were able to spend two hours gathering personal items and winterizing their homes.
People met at the Taylor boat launch for an information and safety debrief before heading over to the Old Fort by boat.
R&R Rentals had staff on hand to assist residents and provide transportation for items from homes.
The weather was once again cooperative.
From all accounts, everything went as planned.
More residents are scheduled to re-enter Thursday as long as it is deemed safe.
Residents are reminded that entry permits are needed to gain entry to the community.
View all News...
October 17, 2018 at 3:29 pm
The Peace River Regional District has issued Temporary Access Permits to BC Hydro and the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MOTI) for investigative purposes to assess reestablishment of services.