The agenda for the PRRD Board Meeting to be held at 10 am on Thursday, April 9th at the PRRD Office Boardroom, 1981 Alaska Avenue, Dawson Creek, is now posted to the website and is available for viewing, downloading and printing.
The office is currently closed to the public to due COVID-19, but members of the public are invited to watch the meeting on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/OfficialPRRD/
The following PRRD facilities are currently closed to the public until further notice:
- PRRD Main Office in Dawson Creek
- PRRD Office in Fort St John
- Charlie Lake Fire Hall
- PRRD Warehouse
- All PRRD Parks Washroom / Outhouse Facilities
- North Peace Leisure Pool
- Chetwynd and District Rec Centre
- Kelly Lake Community Centre
- Buick Creek Recreation Grounds
- Cache Creek Community Hall
- Golata Creek Community Hall
- Goodlow Community Recreation Grounds
- Halfway Graham Recreation Grounds
- Jackfish Community Hall
- Moberly Lake Community Hall
- North Peace Fall Fair
- Osborn Community Hall
- Share Sheds
Please note that all PRRD Board Meetings will be live-streamed on the PRRD Facebook page to allow the public to view Board Meetings while PRRD offices are closed.
The following recreation facilities supported by the PRRD and owned by School District No 60 are now closed for recreational programs:
- Clearview Arena
- Buick Arena
Due to the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, the following PRRD Meetings have been cancelled:
- Electoral Area Director Committee (EADC) – Thursday, March 19th
- Rural Area Budgets Committee (RABC) – Thursday, March 19th
- Electoral Area E Roundtable Meeting (Moberly Lake) – Thursday, March 19th
- Electoral Area E Roundtable Meeting (McLeod) – Monday, March 23rd
- Public Hearing for Proposed Zoning Amendment (Arras) – Tuesday March 24th
- Electoral Area D Roundtable Meeting (Farmington) – Tuesday, March 31st
- Electoral Area B Roundtable Meeting (Buick) – Monday, April 6th
- Electoral Area D Roundtable Meeting (Tomslake) – Tuesday, April 7th
- 2020 Rural Recreational & Cultural Grants-in-Aid Allocation Meeting – April 20, 2020 (Area B & C – Cecil Lake Community Hall)
- 2020 Rural Recreational & Cultural Grants-in-Aid Allocation Meeting – April 21, 2020 (Area E – Chetwynd & District Recreation Centre)
- 2020 Rural Recreational & Cultural Grants-in-Aid Allocation Meeting – April 22, 2020 (Sub-Regional – Cutbank Community Hall)
Please be advised that until further notice the PRRD will no longer be accepting cash at any PRRD Landfills or Transfer Stations as of March 28th due to COVID-19. Other forms of payment such as credit, debit, clean up coupons, or charge accounts (if applicable for businesses) will still be accepted.
The PRRD would like to inform all 2020 Regional Grant-in-Aid applicants that at its Special Meeting held on March 19, 2020, the Regional District Board of Directors approved the 2020 budget for Regional Grant-in-Aid. Subsequent to this, the PRRD Board determined that no grant funding will be released until the Committee of the Whole reviews each application as per the PRRD’s Regional Grant-in-Aid policy.
Until this process is complete, the status of all 2020 Regional Grant-in-Aid requests remains “pending”. The Committee of the Whole will review applications at its meeting scheduled for April 23, 2020, and all recommendations from the Committee will go forward to the May 7, 2020, Regional District Board meeting for final consideration. All applicants will be notified by email by May 15, 2020, of the Regional District Board’s decision.
If you have any questions, please contact the office at 250-784-3200 or email email@example.comRead more...
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, meetings that were scheduled to discuss the next steps for the Rose Prairie Water Station were cancelled and have not yet been rescheduled at this time. PRRD Staff are eager and committed to looking for solutions to move forward on the Rose Prairie Water Station, however, health and safety must come first. These meetings will be rescheduled as soon as possible and we will update you on future plans and actions for the Rose Prairie Water Station as soon as we have new information available.Read more...
Today is the 1 Year Anniversary of North East BC Emergency & Public Alerts! Over 1000 Residents of the Peace Region have already signed up for receive alerts! Thank you for staying informed and spreading the word about North East BC Emergency & Public Alerts in your community.Read more...
Please be advised that until further notice the PRRD will no longer be accepting cash at any PRRD Landfills or Transfer Stations as of March 28th due to COVID-19.
Other forms of payment such as credit, debit, clean up coupons, or charge accounts (if applicable for businesses) will still be accepted.
All PRRD Share Sheds will also be closed as of March 28th.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions please call the PRRD at 250-784-3200 or toll free at 1-800-670-7773.
The PRRD has made the decision to CANCEL all Rural Recreational & Cultural GIA Allocation meetings in an effort to protect the health and safety of the public who attend these meetings.Read more...
The PRRD is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 / Coronavirus situation. We encourage residents to stay up to date and continue to follow the Provincial and Federal Governments as the official sources for new information. Below are some resources that may be helpful for residents:
Northern BC Information Line: 1-844-645-7811
During this difficult time, the Peace River Regional District will be taking steps to protect employees and the public by closing the PRRD Main office in DC, office in FSJ, Charlie Lake Fire Hall, and Warehouse to the public as of 4:30pm on March 20th.
Many of our employees will now be working remotely to combat the spread of COVID-19. We want to reassure our residents that PRRD employees will still be available to help.
For assistance, please call the PRRD at 250-784-3200 / Toll Free: 800-670-7773. To contact a PRRD staff member by email, visit the Staff Directory to find a list of our staff with their contact information.
Continue to check prrd.bc.ca for future updates.Read more...
As of March 14, 2020 the North Peace Leisure Pool will be closed until further notice. Please refer to the City of Fort St John’s website for more information.
For information on Pool and Facilities in other municipalities, please refer to their websites.Read more...