- EADC/RBAC Meeting
Nov 15, 2018 | N/A
- Public Hearing Proposed Zoning Amend. Dawson Creek area
Nov 21, 2018 | 7:00 pm
- Board Meeting
Nov 22, 2018 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Solid Waste Committee Meetings (PE/SG)
Dec 6, 2018 | 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- EADC/RBAC Meeting
Subscribe to Daily Updates
- During the winterization process, hot water tanks were drained and de-energized when the power was shut off to the community. If a home was re-energized before it is de-winterized, it may have also re-energized the water tanks, causing the water heater element to burn out. D. Bauer Mechanical, the contractor currently performing the de-winterization, anticipated this potential problem and has been replacing water heater elements as necessary as they perform authorized de-winterization services.
- Older hot water tanks nearing the end of their life (usually 10-12 years) may have failed due to their age and the stresses of emptying and refilling tanks. This regular household maintenance cost is the responsibility of the homeowner.
- If you have questions about power loss and power restoration and potential impact on electronic circuits, please contact BC Hydro at 1-888-769 3766. For additional information on potential claims, please visit: https://www.bchydro.com/contact/claims.html.
View all Public Notices...
November 09, 2018 at 5:11 pm
The EOC will be closed November 10th, 11th, and 12th.
It will reopen at 8:30 am on Tuesday, November 12th.
You can continue to reach the PRRD 24 hour line at 250-784-3200, however please note that calls of a non-emergency nature will be returned once the EOC reopens on Tuesday.
November 09, 2018 at 4:54 pm
Upon hearing of issues with hot water tanks, the Peace River Regional District has followed up with local contractors to understand why some hot water tanks may be having issues. If you have had issues following de-winterization, please read the points below.
November 04, 2018 at 3:20 pm
November 04, 2018 at 3:02 pm
Re-entry Centre for residents of the Old Fort Community is now closed.
If residents were unable to go to the Northern Grand on November 4, 2018, the re-entry packages will be available at the Resiliency Centre on November 5, from 11am to 7pm and can also be downloaded at the following link https://prrd.bc.ca/resources-for-old-fort-slide-residents/. Downloaded forms that are completed must be returned to the PRRD Office in Fort St John at 9505 100 Street. This will ensure that services can be arranged.
If you have any questions, please contact the EOC at 250-784-3200
View all News...
November 04, 2018 at 2:57 pm
Remember that there are Alerts and Orders in areas above the Old Fort Community. Residents still need to be prepared.