Working to support rural, community and regional interests
What we do… What we strive for… What you can expect …
The Peace River Regional District (PRRD) was established in 1987 when the lands formerly included in the Peace River-Liard Regional District were divided into two regional districts. The PRRD encompasses approximately twelve million hectares (120,000 square kilometers), includes serving a population of 58,264 that reside in seven incorporated municipalities and four rural electoral areas.
Regional districts in British Columbia were established by the Provincial Government for three primary purposes:
- to act as local government for their (unincorporated) electoral areas;
- to provide the political and administrative frameworks necessary for member municipalities and electoral areas to collaborate in the provision of services; and,
- to be the regional service body responsible for providing regional services to, and undertaking key activities on behalf of, their entire regions.
To work together to enhance the spirit, traditions and diversity of the Peace River Region and to support a high quality of life for its residents.
A strong, diverse and sustainable Peace River Region inspired by innovative leadership that promotes livable and safe communities and a healthy, natural environment.
- Accountability: Taking ownership, accepting responsibility for making decisions and the follow-up and implementation of those decisions;
- Integrity: Making decisions for and acting in the best interests of the Region;
- Cooperation: Willing to work together and support one another;
- Leadership: Making sound decisions and demonstrating vision while focusing on the future;
- Credibility: Ensuring the business of the Region is transparent and believable;
- Respect: Showing consideration for people, lands and governing bodies;
- Trust: Ensuring confidence in one another; and
- Honesty: Practicing sincerity, genuineness and frankness when making decision.
- Work together and support one another
- Be a unified voice . . . be a player
- Be a leader in sustainability
- Be fiscally responsible
- Maintain a professional working environment
- Provide quality service delivery
Our Customer Service Values
What you can expect from the Peace River Regional District when you come to our offices or do business with us.
“We are …”
“Our bottom line is … let’s get the job done.”