Local Volunteer Resources
The following links and information have been provided in the past on the "Toolkit for Grant-in-Aid Groups" CD and included information from:
- Volunteer Canada
- Volunteer BC
- BC Gaming & Information Services Branch
- BC Ministry of Finance
- BC Centre for Non-Profit Development
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Board Volunteering
- Board Governance
- Board Advocacy Manual
- A to Z of Board Governance
- Introduction to Roberts Rules of Order
- Roberts Rules - Quick Reference
- Volunteers and the Law
- Directors Liability: A Discussion Paper on Legal Liability, Risk Management and the Role Of Directors in Non-Profit Organizations
- Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Know the Risks - Directors and Officers Liabiltiy Insurance
- Volunteer Canada Group Insurance
Volunteer & Organization Management
- Volunteer Management Theory & Practice
- The Citizens Handbook
- Why Does Your Group Exist?
- Why Involve Volunteers?
- Why Do People Volunteer?
- Is Our Group Open, Welcoming & Volunteer Friendly?
- How Healthy and Welcoming is Your Group?
- Do You Run Effective Meetings?
- How Does Your Group Make Decisions?
- How Are We Doing? An Essential Checkup
- Have You Risk Proofed Your Operation?
- How Can We Avoid Burnout?
- Rethinking Volunteer Engagement
- Creating Accessible and Inclusive Environment
Volunteer Recruitment & Screening
- How Do You Attract the Right People and Keep Them involved?
- How Can We Get Youth Involved?
- Recruiting, Mentoring & Retaining the Right People
- New Strategies for Involving Youth
- Youth Works
- Best Practices Guidelines for Screening Volunteers
- Provincial Laws & Screening
- Best Practices Guide for Screening Volunteers
- 10 Tips for Screening
- Sport & Rec Screening Kit
- Rural Volunteerism & Screening
- Ontario Screening Initiative
- BC Corporate Registry
- Maintaining Your BC Society
- Notice of Change of Directors (Form 7)
- Society Annual Report (Form 11)
- BC Society Act
- Society Act Regulations
Charitable Status in Canada
- Registering a Charity for Income Tax Purposes
- Registered Charities: What's New?
- Small and Rural Charities
- Registered Charities and the Income Tax Act
- Basic Guidelines for Maintaining Charitable Registration
- GST/HST for Charities
- For more information on Charities contact CRA at 1-800-267-2384
- GST/HST Topics & CRA
- GST/HST Information for Non-Profit Organizations
- For more information on GST/HST contact CRA at 1-800-959-5525 or 1-800-959-1953