SkyTEM Survey: British Columbia, Canada; Data Report
by SkyTEM Surveys ApS
Geoscience BC Report 2016-03 presents the results of an airborne geophysical survey flown over a part of northeastern BC’s Peace region. This study was conducted as a first step towards mapping the distribution of shallow groundwater systems in this area. SkyTEM Surveys ApS conducted the time domain electromagnetic and magnetic (“TEM”), heliborne survey during July and August 2015. The survey completed a total of 20,999 line kilometres which were flown along 250 metre spaced lines. The survey area included the main Peace block, three additional blocks (NE Extension, Doig and Charlie Lake) and infill lines over the HRFN block.
The SkyTEM data have been processed and inverted using a laterally constrained inversion (LCI) resulting in a quasi-2D model section that varies smoothly along the profile and yields a conductivity model that combines the very good shallow depth resolution offered by the low moment data and the larger depth of investigation from the high moment data.
This report presents details of the survey operations, data collection and the results. The report delivers the survey data as a Geosoft GDB file (7GB – available on request); EM inversion results as a Geosoft GDB file, Geosoft geophysical grid (.grd), .tiff, .map and .pdf map files(magnetic and electromagnetic); and grid (.grd),.map and .pdf files of layers and sections from the inverted TEM conductivity model. The report does not include any geological interpretations of the geophysical dataset.
- Survey Report(pdf, 14.9 MB)
- Appendix 6: Digital Data List(pdf, 33 KB)
- Inversion Data (.grd, .tif, .map, .png, .pdf):
- EM Inversion Results(zip, 162 MB)
- Resistivity Grids of Each Layer(zip,62 MB)
- Resistivity Maps of Each Layer(zip, 257 MB)
- Layer Mean Resistivity of All Lines(zip, 296 MB)
- Maps (.map, .pdf, .png):
- Maps of DEM, Flown Lines, Magnetic Data and Power Line Noise Indicator (PLNI)(zip, 63 MB)
- Grids of DEM, Height Corrected Channel Plots, Magnetic Data and PLNI(zip, 49 MB)
SkyTEM Surveys ApS (2015): SkyTEM Survey: British Columbia, Canada; Data Report. Geoscience BC, Report 2016-03, 62 p.